Tuesday, August 30, 2011

TAPLiSTER!!!

What a friggin' great idea!  Why, oh why, didn't I think of this first!  Another million dollar slippery eel of an idea sliding out of my grasp.  Well, maybe more of a thousand dollar idea, but I will take it and bend it to my evil will.  (Insert spooky Vincent Price a la Thriller laugh here.)  If you haven't heard of it, check it out.  The Duck's continually updated draft list is there and you can find where your favorite beers are being poured, right at that minute.  Cool, huh?

Speaking of quasi-spooky things, it's almost time for Octoberfest and "harvest beers" to be hitting the scene!  Why is this scary?  Because it means our blip of a summer is now over.  *sigh* And I just found my sunglasses.  But, easing us back into shorter days and woodsmoke laced nights are Marzen style beers and Pumpkin ales.  Elysian Night Owl Pumpkin is in the cooler right now, just waiting for it's turn to go on.  Also, look for Silver City Octoberfest and Southern Tier Pumking coming soon. 

Exciting drafts on tap at the moment:
Deschutes Black Butte XXIII:
This imperial porter has been infused with zest from spanish Seville oranges, artisianally crafted chocolate nibs and Pasilla Negra chilies.  Good enough for me right there... but then they take the sucker and 'oak it up', aging it in bourbon barrels.  I wish I would have tried to snag an extra keg to cellar, because although this beer is very good now, it will be a-mazing next summer.  With an ABV at 10.8%, it's no wonder... 

West Coast Brewing Green Flash IPA... enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment