Saturday, September 1, 2012

Hey! This is big bar news!



Hello my little Chickadees!  We are expecting lots of BIG BIG changes coming at the Duck in the next couple of months.  Some I cannot talk about just yet, but I can clue you in to a couple of things that I am excited about.

One, we are changing the hours of the Duck...  We will be opening at 2pm every day, seven days a week.  I am glad to be able to offer you all one more hour to wile away, and a place to go when you cut outta work early for that fictional annual physical/dental cleaning/colonoscopy...  

Two, we are going to be giving the little old Duck a major new facelift!  The father, son and holy ghost, ie Ed, Chris and I, met with an interior designer and were able to brainstorm some really creative, funky, cool ideas.  Construction will commence in a couple of weeks and hopefully by Christmas we will have everything complete.  As things get going I will post pictures of the remodel in progress, here and on our facebook page.  I don't suspect we should have to close down more than a couple of days, but we will see how things, er, go.

Three, our lovely trivia GOD Matt (Fatty) Mueller will be leaving us after the 11th of September to pursue other interests for awhile.  He may be baaaa-ck, but for now we will have to postpone our awesome Tuesday trivia night.  I have looked into hiring someone else but until we get settled into our new space I don't want to promote anything that would have to take off during our construction process.  Stay tuned for more on that, as well, and definitely try to come and enjoy what's left of his company:
Tues the 4th and Tues the 11th at 8pm!

Alright kiddies, I think that's all the news that's fit to print.  When I can talk about the rest, you'll be the first to know!  

Love ya,
Jackie

2 comments:

  1. Go DUCK!!!!

    ps. I think you meant Matt Mueller, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doh! Yes, and corrected, thank you very much! I know a Mike Mueller and I'm always doing that! Grrr... I'm gonna miss my Fatty.

    ReplyDelete